Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Boots My Mother Gave Me Review

The Boots My Mother Gave Me by Brooklyn James**2 stars**
September 22, 2012
Kindle Edition

I thought this book was well written and flowed fairly well from present to past narration.  The material was definitely different than what I am used to reading (the books deals primarily with childhood abuse but also deals with the impact of suicide on those left behind) but I wasn't bored or indifferent when reading.  Towards the end, I started to feel like the book would never end and I just wanted her to hurry up and do what I knew she was going to end up doing.  The drama was just starting to wear thin when the book wrapped up.  Overall, the book was okay.  There were quite a few scenes where a tad too much information was shared about her sex life, but easily skimmed and it fit okay with the story.  Probably wouldn't recommend unless you enjoy the more meditative books and ones that deal with some harsher issues through the use of fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment