Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Illicit Magic (Stella Mayweather #1) Review

Illicit Magic (Stella Mayweather #1)**3.5 stars**
August 21, 2012
Kindle Edition

I really liked this book.  It was fun and humorous throughout the entire book.  It was an interesting take on witches and how they can and cannot use their magic.  The characters were fun and fairly well described and while I wasn't able to "connect" with them, I still enjoyed reading about their lives.  My only complaint is the bedroom scenes which, to me, were completely unnecessary.  There was too much description for my liking and the conversations that took place after each scene was ridiculous.  I lost track of how many times Stella assured Evan that she "didn't usually go around doing this" etc.  I wish the author had worked more paranormal creatures into the story, but that is probably in the next book.  I was a little surprised that Stella hadn't figured out what Aunt Meg was until the end.  Then again, she was pretty much clueless the entire time about pretty much everything.  Not my favorite character, but at least she was sassy most of the time.  Overall, the book was funny and original.  I would recommend, but maybe for an older audience due to the few scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment