Sunday, July 22, 2012

Matched (Matched #1) Review

Matched by Ally Condie**3 stars**
July 20, 2012
Paperback Edition

I picked this book up mainly because I love the covers of the series. I was a little hesitant to read it since it is a YA romance which is not my favorite genre, but I'm glad I decided to read it. It started off a little slow and I was afraid it would turn into a similar story as Delirium (which I didn't like), but I was pleasantly surprised. The main character wasn't annoyingly sappy and her life didn't revolve around just two guys. There was a lot more depth to the book than I expected and the romance aspect was written well. I liked that I got to know the characters piece by piece throughout the book and there is still more to learn in the rest of the series. I liked the book (isn't an all-time favorite, but was a decent read) and would recommend to YA romance lovers. I will continue with the series, although probably not for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment