Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Extras (Uglies #4) Review

Extras (Uglies, #4)**3 stars**
July 9, 2012
Hardcover Edition


I starting reading this book under that assumption that the setting would be in one of the two cities that the first three books in the series took place in. It wasn't until probably the middle of the book that I realized it was a completely different setting and even a completely different country. That was the most confusing aspect of the story since the characters in this book speak Japanese while Tally and gang speak English (and I was under the impression that they lived in what used to be America). How everyone managed to move around so quickly was a little confusing to me, but I may have missed an explanation at some point during the series.

The story was similar to that of the previous books as was the language. "-making" was tacked on to pretty much everything and drove me nuts ("dizzy-making" and "bubbly-making" are just two examples to give you an idea of what I mean), just like the over-usage of "bubbly," "bogus" and "icy" drove me crazy in the second and third books.

Overall, the book was okay. Tally was different than I remembered her being, but that is probably mostly due to the time lapsed between reading the books. Some interesting twists at the end and the different aspects of the featured city were interesting. A nice ending to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment