Saturday, July 7, 2012

Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery #1) Review

Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery #1)**3 stars**
July 6, 2012
Paperback Edition

I blame this book for my sudden cravings for sugar and coffee.  The story was a cute little magical chick lit mystery.  I haven't read anything similar in a long time and it was nice to return to this genre.  Especially when there is baking and animals involved.  I'm excited to try the brownie recipe provided at the end, and maybe I'll even try out the scone recipe too.  Back to the story itself: I loved reading along as the main character is always getting herself into trouble and winding up in situations that she finds less than desirable.  The "romance" part of the book (if you can even really call it that) was a little ridiculous and annoying.  The standard two-very-different-guys issue.  I thought it was a no-brainer, but hey.  What do I know?  I thought her heritage could have been explained a little better since it was sprung on the readers and we had to accept it at face-value with very little background (it wasn't a surprise, I just wanted more info).  Overall, I would recommend it for those who enjoy quirky chick lit mysteries with little to no romance.  I'm not sure I'll continue with the series, or at least not anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment